Allotment gardening, sources of help
Last revised: 31 January 2019
Allotment planning guides are extracts from original publications by Ealing Council, and Garden Organic composting guide.
A variety of seasonal reminders, hints and tips.
The allotments at Jubilee Road are on clay, which is within a spade depth. Bear this in mind when selecting plants and seeds or seeking advice from growers that have different growing conditions.
- Allotment & Gardens Diary Lots of tips, diary, newsletter and books. Regularly updated
- Grow Veg Diary Planner, journal and guides
- Garden Organic Diary Growing advice, specialist seeds, diary
Allotment planning guides
- Clay soil
- Common Pests
- Common diseases
- Composting, Guide No 7
- Green Manure
- Links to further help and information
- Plot preparation and planning layout, Guide No 2
- Potato and Tomato Blight