Privacy and Data Protection
Published: May 21, 2018
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Legislation on data protection prompts the following statements which are correct at time of writing. Revision may be required from time to time.
Please contact Site Manager, or Ealing Council, if you have any questions or concerns about Data Protection in relation to the Society or Council records.
Changes to your contact details must be advised promptly to the Site Manager or Ealing Council.
Annual subscription list
- The Society (JRLGS) maintains a list of names and plot numbers for those who have paid the Society annual subscription. The list is rewritten each year on collection of subscriptions.
- The primary uses for the list is for payments received and enable a check when access to tools and machinery is required.
- The list is not shared with anyone outside of the Society and tools shed key holders.
Newsletter mailing list
- The Society (JRLGS) maintains list of names and email for distribution of a newsletter.
- Names on the list do not have to be Society member or allotment tenant but should have active interest in the allotment site.
- The list is not shared with others.
- A confirmation of email address will be requested each year on renewal of rent, and occasionally by email.
Ealing Council list of Tenants
- Ealing Council manage lists of tenants for all allotment sites in Ealing Borough remit. Some private allotment sites do not provide the Council with a list of tenants.
- Site Managers provide changes of tenancies and tenant contact details to Ealing Council.
- Site Managers maintain a list of information about the site they manage, but do not have access to information about other allotments site or their tenants. The information held includes tenant name, contact details and plots rented.
- A 'waiting list' of names and contact details of people who request a tenancy is recorded by Ealing Council and relevant Site Manager.
- The above mentioned lists are not shared with other parties beyond Ealing Council and the relevant Site Mangers, who act as agents for the Council.
- Ealing Council publish a Privacy Statement on their website. Copies are available on request to the Council.
Information about GDPR can be discovered on website for the Information Commissioners Office